The following immunizations while not required for attendance at FSU are strongly encouraged for all students.
- Meningococcal Meningitis – Proof of one immunization is sufficient. The CDC recommends a second immunization if the first was administered before the student was 15 years of age.
- Hepatitis B – Proof of the completed two or three-shot vaccination series. (A titer showing immunity to Hepatitis B may be submitted in place of proof of the vaccination. The lab document must be submitted with the Student Immunization Form.)
- The State of Florida requires that students be advised of the risks associated with not being vaccinated and thus requires a formal declination of these if proof of immunization is not provided. To decline/waive Meningococcal Meningitis or Hepatitis B immunizations, complete section 6 on the Student Immunization Form. The student must sign and date in the spaces provided on the waiver. Electronically generated entries and incomplete fields are not acceptable.
Please note the following:
- The Student Immunization Form must be signed and dated by medical personnel OR custodian of records.
- The signer’s printed name is required.
- An official seal OR office stamp is required.
- Contraindications to receiving immunizations may be entered on the Student Immunization form or attached on provider’s letterhead.
- Contraindications must be dated and signed by the provider.
- A statement of whether the contraindication is permanent or temporary must be included.
- Temporary contraindications must have an end date included.
- Corrections to immunization dates must be initialed and dated by the person authorizing the records. White out on the record is not acceptable.
- The document must be legible and in English. Illegible documents cannot be processed.
- For international students, the Student Immunization Form can be completed in your home country.
- Students with the Republic of Panama or Distance Learning student group designations are exempt from the requirement to show proof of immunizations. If either student group is inactivated, the student must comply with immunization requirements.
If your personal religious beliefs or tenets dictate that you not receive the required immunizations for enrollment at FSU, you may contact the Health Compliance Office during regular business hours at 850-644-3608 for more information about receiving a Religious Exemption Waiver.