In order to register for classes at FSU, all main campus students are required to submit a one-time Immunization form showing proof of the immunizations listed below.
If you need immunizations, required or not, you may get them at UHS by calling 850-644-4567 to schedule an appointment.
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Two vaccinations are required.
- The first immunization must have been given on or after the first birthday and after January 1, 1968. Immunizations given more than 4 days before the first birthday DO NOT count toward the two MMR requirement.
- The second immunization must have been given at least 28 days following the first MMR immunization.
- IgG titers showing proof of positive immunity to measles, mumps AND rubella may be submitted in place of the two MMR requirement.
- Lab slips showing POSITIVE immunity to each of the three diseases must be submitted with the Student Immunization Record.
- An equivocal or negative titer on any of the three tests will require the student to receive the MMR series.
- Students born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from showing proof of vaccination against measles, mumps and rubella.
- Two vaccinations are required.
The following immunizations while not required for attendance at FSU are strongly encouraged for all students.
- Meningococcal Meningitis – Proof of one immunization is sufficient. The CDC recommends a second immunization if the first was administered before the student was 15 years of age.
- Hepatitis B – Proof of the completed two or three-shot vaccination series. (A titer showing immunity to Hepatitis B may be submitted in place of proof of the vaccination. The lab document must be submitted with the Student Immunization Form.)
- The State of Florida requires that students be advised of the risks associated with not being vaccinated and thus requires a formal declination of these if proof of immunization is not provided. To decline/waive Meningococcal Meningitis or Hepatitis B immunizations, complete section 6 on the Student Immunization Form. The student must sign and date in the spaces provided on the waiver. Electronically generated entries and incomplete fields are not acceptable.
Please note the following:
- The Student Immunization Form must be signed and dated by medical personnel OR custodian of records.
- The signer’s printed name is required.
- An official seal OR office stamp is required.
- Contraindications to receiving immunizations may be entered on the Student Immunization form or attached on provider’s letterhead.
- Contraindications must be dated and signed by the provider.
- A statement of whether the contraindication is permanent or temporary must be included.
- Temporary contraindications must have an end date included.
- Corrections to immunization dates must be initialed and dated by the person authorizing the records. White out on the record is not acceptable.
- The document must be legible and in English. Illegible documents cannot be processed.
- For international students, the Student Immunization Form can be completed in your home country.
- Students with the Republic of Panama or Distance Learning student group designations are exempt from the requirement to show proof of immunizations. If either student group is inactivated, the student must comply with immunization requirements.
If your personal religious beliefs or tenets dictate that you not receive the required immunizations for enrollment at FSU, you may contact the Health Compliance Office during regular business hours at 850-644-3608 for more information about receiving a Religious Exemption Waiver.
Submit the Student Immunization Record to
- Email email@example.com
- Fax to 850-644-8958.
- Mail to University Health Services
c/o Health Compliance Office
960 Learning Way, Tallahassee, FL 32306-4178
- Use NiFty: Noles File Transfer is a secure and easy way for you to move files in and out of the university. All files are transferred across the network securely encrypted.
- If you are a FSU user, you will need to select "Login" and follow the directions provided on https://nifty.fsu.edu/ to submit the required documents to Health Compliance.
- If you are not a FSU user, you will select "Drop-off" and follow the directions provided on https://nifty.fsu.edu/.
- Bring to Room 1005, Health and Wellness Center or place them in the Health Compliance box in the atrium.
- We are unable to accept photos of documents at this time. Please submit documents in PDF format. Documents must be legible and in English. Illegible documents cannot be processed.
- Verify clearance at your my.fsu.edu account. Or by selecting the Status icon on the previous page. Holds are listed on the right side of the page. Click on the hold for details.